Our Mission Statement
The Humboldt Broncos Memorial Fund Inc. (HBMFI)’s mission is to quickly, efficiently, and fairly distribute the funds that have been contributed through the GoFundMe website, as described above. Once this has been accomplished, and the fund has been audited, the HBMFI will be dissolved.
The Humboldt Broncos Memorial Fund Inc (HBMFI) is a non-profit corporation. It will be overseen by a seven-member board of directors, assisted by legal counsel MLT Aikins, and will receive recommendations for the distribution of funds from a five-person advisory committee. All of the officers, directors, and legal counsel responsible for the HBMFI will serve without compensation, and all services necessary for the operation of the HBMFI will be contributed free of charge.
The HBMFI Board of Directors
- Darrin Duell – Director; Chair & Treasurer
- Kevin Garinger – Director; Vice Chair
- Randolph MacLean – Director; Secretary
- Robert Eichorst – Director
- Jay Fitzsimmons – Director
- Dalyn Graf – Director
- Kathleen Keen – Director
The five proposed candidates for the advisory committee are:
- Dennis Ball, a retired Saskatchewan Court of Queen’s Bench judge.
- Mark Chipman, chairman of the company that owns the Winnipeg Jets hockey team.
- Former Olympic hockey gold medalist Hayley Wickenheiser.
- Dr. Peter Spafford of the University of Saskatchewan’s College of Medicine.
- Kevin Cameron, executive director of the Canadian Centre For Threat Assessment And Trauma Response.